Christmas is over and another year is here! Why Do I feel so bleh??? Before I get into that, Santa and my kids.... Santa did bring our family an elf! Its an Elf on a Shelf. Genius person who created it. Until my sweet Anchor figures it out that is.
To start....before we left for Idaho to spend Christmas....We were invited over to a friends home to see their Elf on a shelf. Anchor was more excited than I have seen ANY child! He couldn't wait. The minute I opened the car door he was off like a shot! His sweet friend (and he says his wife to be some day) Zinnia took us into her home and her mom, Heather was kind enough to read the Elf on A shelf book to my children. They were so excited...Anchor stared and stared..."but why does it look like a doll....I mean why did Santa make him that way?" The book explained it and Anchor still couldn't figure out the doll looking angle but he did accept it! What he didn't like was that the book explained that the Elf returns back to Santa and the North Pole on Christmas Eve. "What!!!!?....Anchor projected! We don't even get to Grandmas house until Christmas Eve!!!! I get one night with the Elf?!!! That's not fair Mom!!!" So Anchor spent hours working on a letter that we took to Idaho (I kept it of course) And it asks Santa to let him have the Elf for the whole year. Santa wrote back to Anchor that he could extend the Elf to one more day (ended up being 2) and that sufficed Anchor! Did I mention....that Barnes and Noble Sent the wrong ethnicity Elf. I am not Racist by all means...just thought that the blond Caucasian Elf looked more like my Blond Caucasian children! Yes they sent us a Latin or African North Pole Elf...Kids didn't say anything....And I laughed with my Mom about it. Santa was suppose to leave Snuggies...they never made it to Idaho....Maybe the Easter Bunny will leave those ;). Race LOVED Christmas and what Santa brought....he looked up and said so heartfelt..."Thank you Santa...this is the Best Christmas". Melted my heart. Anchor was Happy. Kingsley too....she actually saw all the Santa stuff when Santa was puting it out....she slept all day in the car and was not going to bed....and not without me in a new place! So she was as Happy as a 23 month old could be!!!
We had fun. Idaho was great. We were blessed to Ice skate many times, go sledding and Ski. Best of all be with Family. There is way more to our travels and I shall post pics soon! Thanks and hope you enjoyed!
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I loved learning about the 'Elf' and I might buy this book and copy this idea with our grandchildren.
We all loved meeting you and your precious family! You should have stayed longer that night... You missed out on the Aunties be in rare form... 'NOT', it is quite familiar:)!
Actually we were playing Chorus girls and having a good time in the kitchen when I fell and broke my tailbone! What a sight I was with one foot stuck in my red nightgown up in the air as I fell backward. OUCH! I guess my chorus girl days are over.:-) (But we will always cherish the memories of being together:)
Again, I loved meeting your precious family. Give them each a hug from from me.
~♥
It was so good to see you and the fam for the few minutes on your way through Parowan! love you!
Rod (aka Grandpa Jenks) was so tickled (as I was) to have you all for Christmas. We loved the Elf on the shelf too! The week went by much too quickly and we did have Erickson Withdrawl when you left. We love you guys and enjoyed you so much. The stairs seem empty with no little bottoms sliding down them! We're looking forward to you and your sibs making their way to Idaho for more grand visits. Rod and I walked out on Gem Lake the other day and scoped out the ice fishing. We've got our gear ready to go. Wish you were here! Love, Mom ps Aunt Cheryl is a KLUTZ!!
Where did you guys go in Idaho? You' better tell me next time you're that close! ;) Happy new year, loves!
Post a Comment