Saturday, May 29, 2010

Do I Laugh or Cry?

School is out for the Summer....
(the pictures are not my own and I have found ones of other people!)


That means I have all 3 of my sweet kiddos all the time!
Don't get me wrong....I LOVE them DEARLY!!!!

Until...I am somewhere public....like the grocery store and my boys grab a cart and one climbs in...(remember to Visualize)
they transfer the Beautiful Veggies and Fruits that I have taken time to pick out the perfect ones (I AM PICKY) and toss them from my cart into theirs!


Meanwhile...
My Terrifically Terrible Two year old REFUSES to sit in the Child seat by the handle....Has to be in the basket...(REMEMBER to VISUALIZE) and tries to stand and sometimes sit on the edge...(Nerves are shot when she does that. Only because too many of my Friends have told me nightmare stories of their wee ones falling out of a cart on their head, ambulance called etc)


Back to the boys....Anchor is driving his cart with Race.... crazy in the isles almost hitting little old people....some Grumpy at the sight of a child :( Grabbing everything bad saying...."mom we have to have this....it's the summer!"


VISUALIZE

Back to Kingsley who starts a high pitch squeal and then giving me dirty looks, slapping my arm and trying to climb out and MAD that I will not let her!!! And if looks could kill....Kingsley would be a high paid Assassin!!


The Boys Yelling weeeeee as they crazily push the cart still grabbing junk!

Then the (Dun Dun Dun Dun) The Checkout.....The most HORRID part of the whole experience!!! Anchor and Race asking for all of the candy and toys and junk they have at the checkout....me saying "No Put it back", " No PUT IT BACK", "Do you want me to tell your father about your behavior?"


Kingsley SCREAMING and crying wanting out of the cart and If I do put her out...she would end up far away from me....so that is NOT an option. And Every time the clerk asks me "did you find everything you need?", I reply " Well I couldn't find a Nanny!" hahaha....I end up laughing because sometimes I want to cry! And I am not gonna yell at my kids....at least not in public :).

Then while Kingsley is grabbing the money in the jar for people with disabilities I am trying to pay....boys are fighting....Clerk says "Do you need Help Out MRS. Erickson?" I reply..."No....that will be a piece of cake compared to this! Thanks!"




Then....Home we go...And I am ready for a nap!!!

However I don't get one :) I do LOVE being a MOM....it is harder than any job I have ever had and the Rewards so far out number the chaos that I encounter on a daily basis!!

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Wow, I pretty much LOVED this post! My daughter is only 1 1/2, but I can already see some of this coming, and I loved your humor about it! If I was closer, I'd babysit so you could go shopping alone sometimes!!! :)

The Varney Family said...

I'll send Scott over to help, and you can have Victoria next summer! You'll have a great time then!