Thursday, October 6, 2011

An "Anchor" to my soul..

Anchor and Dad

Anchor and his Mama


Anchor to our Family :)

Sept 24th 2011

Anchor is Baptized


What an emotional and Amazing day this was for us!! My sweet and First child Anchor, was Baptized by his Father Ric. Much anticipation, for this is such a big Promise to make. Thanks to all the Friends and Family that helped to make this day and event wonderful!!!


It made me reflect on questions many friends have about "why are kids in your Faith baptized at age 8?"

Such a perfect age for Children to know what right from wrong is. It has always been the age of 8 in my Church. Now days I feel it is so much more Important. Kids are exposed to way more vile stuff at way earlier ages!! If you wait to teach them that they are accountable for their actions/mishaps/sins when they are 12, 16,18...then they have already been exposed to so much and spiritually and physically that the crap that is bringing kids/teens/adults down then it will be harder to have a conscious about it when they are older and harder to stop bad habits (I know a Run on sentence). Anyway...TMI i guess.


I am happy for him and the step he has made to be a better person...not only in the eyes of our Heavenly Father, but to be a good person in Society! I love you and am Proud of you My sweet Anchor!!! May you always be an "Anchor" to many souls!!!


Love you Forever

Mom

1 comment:

Casey said...

Is he really 8? Wow. Feels like yesterday I was holding him in my arms and he was just a tiny baby. I'm so proud of him and I wish I could have been there!